San Diego is a great place for bicycling. While its geography can seem somewhat limiting with the steep hills, valleys, canyons, and freeways, there are many other ways around. These pages cover those alternate routes, as well as some of the major routes, throughout the City of San Diego.
Many of the canyons in the central area of San Diego have trails through them. Not all of these trails are easily traversable by bicycle. The trails that are will be covered in these pages. Additionally, routes that I have found to be good ways around Mission Valley, Downtown, and Balboa Park will be covered as well.
- Types of Bicycling Facilities in San Diego
- Wayfinding Signs in San Diego
- Bicycle Parking in the San Diego Area
- Good Routes to Points East
- California Bicycling Laws
Parks and Canyon Trails: