These roadways fall under the following categories:
- Built then bypassed.
- Partially constructed then decommissioned.
- Built to ease traffic congestion. Not built by the State.
- Built by the State then transferred to the County.
All of these freeways (or remnants of freeways) listed are not signed with route shields. Some are named as regular city streets. The rest are basically glorified offramps. I hope you enjoy the page. If there were any that I missed or you have a photo of the highway, let me know.
Los Angeles Area:
- Foothill Freeway
- Colorado Freeway
- La Cienega Blvd in the Baldwin Hills
- Sepulveda Blvd near LAX
- Harbor Scenic Drive / Shoreline Drive (Now a part of Route 710, but unsigned)
- Jamboree Road – Orange County
San Diego Area:
- Former Oceanside-Carlsbad Freeway segment
- Fairmount Avenue – I-8 to Meade Ave
- Friars Road – Mission Valley
- Ardath Road – La Jolla Parkway
- Nimitz Blvd
- Pacific Highway – Old Town to Middletown
- Kearny Villa Road – By Casey Cooper