Dedicated parking for bicycle in San Diego beyond simple racks is a new thing here. This page will give the locations for all special bicycle parking in the City of San Diego. Some of the bike corrals have special “bike repair” stations with some tools and a pump. Racks with that setup will be marked with a (F).
- 5th Ave and University Ave (NW corner on 5th Ave) (F)
- Richmond Ave and University Ave (SW Corner on Richmond)
- 6th Ave near Evans Pl (east side)
- 30th St and North Park Way (SW corner on North Park Way) (F)
- 30th St and Lincoln Ave (NW corner on 30th St)
- Louisiana St mid-block between El Cajon Blvd and Howard Ave
- 30th St just north of Upas St (NE Corner)
- Alabama St mid-block between El Cajon Blvd and Howard Ave (east side)
- Adams Ave at 30th St (northwest corner)
- 30th St between Juniper St and Kalmia St (East side, mid-block)
Other Dedicated Parking
These locations have more than one rack or special area for bicycles at a business. If I am missing any in this list, please let me know.
- Plaza De Panama (4 racks)
- Spanish Village (south end)
- Near San Diego Zoo front entrance
- Ace Hardware – 675 6th Ave – inside front door.
- Ace Hardware – 1007 University Ave
- 1263 University Ave
- Ralphs – 1030 University Ave – In front of store entrance
- Trader Joes – 1090 University Ave – Northwest of store entrance
- Whole Foods Market – 711 University Ave – Rear parking area and on University Ave
- 3152 5th Ave – West side
- Southwest corner of Normal St and Harvey Milk St
Kensington Community Church – 4773 Marlborough Dr
Blue “staple” racks and large black “staple” style are common along Adams Avenue from I-805 to near State Route 15.
- Blind Lady Ale House – 3416 Adams Ave
Blue “staple” style racks are also common along El Cajon Blvd and University Ave throughout North Park.
- 2921 El Cajon Blvd – in front of the Media Arts Center
- SW Corner of Alabama St and El Cajon Blvd
- SW Corner of University Ave and Texas St, on University Ave
- North Park City Library – 3795 31st St
Southeastern San Diego
Most are along Imperial Ave and are green bicycle shaped racks.
- 2707 Imperial Ave
- 2830 Imperial Ave
- Ace Hardware – 1544 Grand Ave – On sidewalk
- Sabre Springs Transit Center – SW corner of parking garage (F)
- University Heights Library Branch – 4193 Park Blvd
- Sprouts Farmers Market – 4175 Park Blvd
Requesting A Bicycle Rack (from the City of San Diego website)
To request a bike rack in front of your business, please send an email with the following information to email@example.com
- Name of Business
- Contact Name
- Telephone Number
- Email Address
- Street Address of proposed rack location
- Number of racks being requested
- Any additional info on the rack location details that may be useful for City staff evaluation